Important Reason We Need Grazing Animals
No matter how many people hate the idea of the importance of grazing livestock, scientific researches indicate in opposite direction. Grazing animals are really important for balance of our eco-system. They help not only in healing but also in building new landscapes. There are many reasons why this important but the top 6 reasons are discussed in this article to explain the severity of the symbiotic grassland-animals relationship.
1. Important carbons and nutrients are locked inside green or active plans and vegetation. Grazing animals convert them back into a more active state by consuming them and letting out the byproducts. Byproducts such as fesses and urine contain important nutrients which work as a fertilizer of plants and food for insect life.
2. Farmers and landscapers need cover crops to keep their land in better health. But these crops have no use other than to be a source of food for grazing animals. Harvesting them through machines to repair land for the next main crop can be super expensive. This is why grazing animals are important in order to remove cover crops from the lands. This provides food for the herd which would have to be bought otherwise and saves the framer from expenses of harvesting.
3. Thirdly, like businesses and enterprises some expenses do not generate profit immediately but help generating a better return in the longer run. Cover crops can be super expensive in their own right but they can be a good source of food for milk and meat producing animals. That’s how grazing animals give you meat, milk, and much more along with saving some money to farmers.
4. Making good profits from livestock is only possible when expenses are minimum. Grazing is important because it provides super cheap feed for grazing animals which would cost a lot otherwise.
5. Different grazing animals eat different plants and vegetation and in return produce different by-products and nutrition. The balance between these by-products and nutrients is important to maintain the balance of nature. Another fact which should never be overlooked is that all types of grazing herds are necessary instead of just one type.
6. Plantation contains microbial flora which is necessary to improve the gut of animals. Grazing keeps animals much healthier and active as compared to if they are kept in a closed environment and feed there.
However, there are other wild animal herds that can graze on these lands and leave nothing behind for grazing animals necessary to generate profit. One of these animals includes deer herds. Deer herds move from place to place in search of fresh feed. Therefore steps should be taken to keep them away from lands and fields where you intend to feed your livestock. One way to do that is to place deer feeders outside fields. These deer feeders are full of feed that attracts deer hers towards them. Deer feed on this easily available fresh feed instead of coming any further inside the field where your animals are grazing.