How to wear a long cardigan correctly
Long cardigans can be a stylish and comfortable addition to your wardrobe. Here are some tips on how to wear a long cardigan properly:
- Combine it with tight-fitting items: A long cardigan looks best with tight or slim-fitting items of clothing. You can wear it with tops, t-shirts or dresses down to the knee or maxi skirts.
- Balance the length: If your long cardigan is at its maximum length, make sure that the other elements of your outfit are not too long. For example, if you’re wearing a long dress or skirt, choose shorter shoes.
- Create layers: Long cardigans are great for creating layered looks. You can wear them over blouses, sweatshirts or even jackets. This will create an interesting and layered look.
- Accentuate your waist: If you want to add shape to your look, define your waist by wearing a long cardigan over a belt or narrow waist band.
- Experiment with footwear: Long cardigans go well with a variety of footwear. You can wear them with heeled boots, boots, trainers or even sandals depending on the season and your style.
- Choose different styles: There are many different styles of long cardigans including straight, voluminous, asymmetrical and others. Choose a style that suits your style and figure.
- Experiment with colours and patterns: Long cardigans can be either plain or patterned. Choose colours and patterns that go with your other clothes and give your look an interesting accent.
- Pay attention to textiles: Soft and warm fabrics such as wool, cotton or cashmere make a long cardigan even more cosy and stylish.
- Consider the season: Long cardigans can be worn all year round. Go for lighter fabrics and lighter colours in the summer months, and warmer options in winter.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment: With long cardigans, there is a lot of room for creativity. Experiment with different combinations and styles to find your own unique look.